The universe of Polaris
- The Transhuman Authority a warring empire spawned in the pitiless wastes of interstellar space, determined to rule the human race - or destroy it.
- Polaris a starship of the United Worlds Navy, pursued by the Authority and lost in the uncharted reaches beyond the Milky Way.
- Phaidros a planet that cannot exist…yet does. To find their way home again, Captain Sam Fredericks, scientist Valerie Young and the crew of Polaris must decipher its mysteries.
- Their discovery will forever change humanity - if they live to tell about it!
- It’s a wrap!
- Polaris on location: Day One
- “Trenches” is online
- Polaris at Farpoint (February 12-14)
- February Update: Starship Polaris Design, and Convention News
- Aboard The Starship Polaris
- To the best cast and crew in the world…
- Gina Hernandez is “Valerie Young”
- Susan Cirrincione joins Polaris cast
Okay…long time, no update.
We continue steadily to our goal of wrapping principal photography - Real Soon! For three days in May, we turned the Black Box Theatre in Indian Head, Maryland into a green-screen stage to shoot some effects-laden sequences central to the story. Just about all of our crew and most of the cast returned from the December 2009 Fort Washington shoot with some new folks coming on board as well. Special thanks to Rick Pike for catering and taking on other crucial tasks to get us through the long weekend!
We had some long days - again - but everyone was focused, dedicated and displayed endless patience with the various technical requirements (as well as continuing to humor their first-time director). It was after 11:00 PM on a Sunday night when Garrett and Paul staged the show’s big fight scene. Garrett, a martial arts expert and experienced fight choreographer, had laid out the sequence and he and Paul had practiced it so well that - directed by First A.D. Maurice Molyneaux - they got the entire thing down in an hour. It looks great on video.
We’re currently scouting locations in Maryland and Virginia for our final two days of shooting. Almost there…