The universe of Polaris
- The Transhuman Authority a warring empire spawned in the pitiless wastes of interstellar space, determined to rule the human race - or destroy it.
- Polaris a starship of the United Worlds Navy, pursued by the Authority and lost in the uncharted reaches beyond the Milky Way.
- Phaidros a planet that cannot exist…yet does. To find their way home again, Captain Sam Fredericks, scientist Valerie Young and the crew of Polaris must decipher its mysteries.
- Their discovery will forever change humanity - if they live to tell about it!
- It’s a wrap!
- Polaris on location: Day One
- “Trenches” is online
- Polaris at Farpoint (February 12-14)
- February Update: Starship Polaris Design, and Convention News
- Aboard The Starship Polaris
- To the best cast and crew in the world…
- Gina Hernandez is “Valerie Young”
- Susan Cirrincione joins Polaris cast
Several of us at United Worlds attended the annual Farpoint SF/Media convention this last weekend in Timonium, Maryland. Friday evening I had the opportunity to see the premiere of a remarkable film created for distribution on the Internet.
“Trenches” was directed by Shane Felux and produced by X-Ile Pictures for Stage 9 Digital. I’d recommend bookmarking those sites. The movie will probably be available online sometime in March of 2009.
Felux is the fellow who directed “Star Wars: Revelations,” the fan film “Star Wars” prequel that beat “Revenge Of the Sith” to release in 2005. Fan reaction to “Revelations” was decidedly less mixed than to ROTS, and the film garnered attention from mainstream media outlets like MSNBC and USA Today. Felux went on to win the “George Lucas Selects” and “Audience Choice” awards for Star Wars fan films in 2006 for his follow-up comedy short “Pitching Lucas.”
“Trenches” is not a fan film, but a wholly professional movie underwritten and distributed by ABC-Disney’s Stage 9 web studio. A little over an hour long and designed to be viewed in roughly ten-minute segments, “Trenches” shows what happens to a small group of soldiers, enemies in an interstellar war, who are abandoned on a desolate world and must quickly learn to cooperate to survive against…something else.